Monday, July 16, 2012

Finding Time to Relax and Enjoy the Tech Dingies

When you jump on the LGO train, you will find it very easy to immerse yourself in a myriad of tasks and activities, and once the train of readings, cases, p-sets, and meetings gets going, the ability to jump off and enjoy the amenities at MIT is a challenge. As an LGO, I have become quite judicious with my free time and I have picked up activities and hobbies that provide nourishment to my soul and body in some aspect. Sailing at MIT was something that I absolutely had to try and the picture above was taken at my very first sailing class, given on Sunday's at the MIT Sailing Pavilion. How many universities have a sailing pavilion 100 m from campus which allows you to learn and operate a "tech dingy" with impunity? That day on the Charles was a remarkable one indeed, firstly because I was able to experience it with another LGO, and secondly, as we were able to tack, jibe, and dock the boat without ending up in the drink. That day is one that no one should miss. Just a few of the other notable activities that LGO's are participating in are: An LGO game days sundays Basketball games fridays Karaoke nights on thursdays

No comments:

Post a Comment